A strong portfolio is your most important asset in starting your career. This course will assist you in the conceptualization and development of your visual portfolio. We will cover design strategies, format options and editing and sequencing work for both print and interactive media.
This is an advanced class, and assumes that you’ve completed most of the design/production coursework in your program. Without this, you won’t have the content for your portfolio, or the skills and abilities to design and produce the portfolio. Your work will be evaluated using professional standards, and you are expected to approach all your activities with this in mind.
- Design a professional print and interactive portfolio of work appropriate to your career goals;
- Edit and sequence your work to create a cohesive narrative;
- Develop and incorporate process documentation into the portfolio;
- Present your portfolio in a professional manner;
- Analyze and critique your work and the work of other designers.
- Develop related support materials (resumé, leave behind, other).