Welcome back from Spring Break! We’ll be moving forward quickly on project 1. Remember that our final label designs will be due Monday, 4/11.
Project 1 Milestones (Due Wednesday, 4/6)
- Create full-scale color comps for each of your three labels.
- The labels do not need to be presented on the actual bottles/cans, but consider creating photoshop mockups to give an indication of what they would look like. (See the links page for demos).
- Don’t forget to include or indicate all information that will be on the final label. This includes nutritional information. You can find a free online nutrition information generator here that will create text to meet official U.S. packaging specs.
- As always, collect all sketches/comps/research as part of your process materials.
Reading Assignment (Due Monday, 4/11)
Package Design Workbook “The Art and Science of Package Design” pp. 30-61.
Type your answers to the following reflection questions and prepare to upload them as a PDF file for Tuesday’s class.
- Briefly describe some of the attributes considered “left-brain” and “right-brain” thinking.
- How is “product differentiation” critical to consumer choices?
- Name five of the people involved in the “packaging design team” and describe their roles.
- In your own words, give an overview of the research process that goes into building and maintaining a brand.