For the final part of this assignment each group will give a formal presentation of their site re-design to the class. Please present as if you were presenting to a client.
As with any presentation given to a client, remember that the on-screen portion of the presentation should be formatted for easy reading on-screen. For example, you should generally use short blocks of text in bullet points rather than long narrative paragraphs of text for easy scanning.
Use the following format for your presentation:
- Title Page (example: “Willy’s Widgets Site Redesign by Group 1, May 20, 2014”)
- Introduction to the team with short bios
- Briefly summarize the research you’ve done for this site and what you’ve learned
- Explain the problem you’re trying to solve and the goals for the site
- Show the original site and point out what could be improved (4 pages max)
- Show the pages you’ve redesigned and talk us through the user experience (i.e. land on home page, browse for item, see details, add to cart and check out)
- Conclusion and next steps: Use this as an opportunity to remind us once again of the problem and sell us on why your solution is successful.
Your complete presentation should run about 15 minutes. I recommend rehearsing your presentations as a group.
Part of your final grade will be based on how cohesive this presentation works as a whole as well as your individual contribution for the in-class presentation.
You can download a PDF file with a complete grade breakdown/checklist for the final project here: